At Polk County Insulation, we offer Energy Star® certified batting insulation that is efficient and safe for Mulberry properties.
Batting insulation also goes by the name rolled insulation or blanket insulation. This is a flexible material generally made from fiberglass, although it is available in other materials, as well. These rolls come in widths designed to fit between wall studs, floor joists and attic joists. How deep the walls are will determine how much batting insulation can be used.
The most common and easiest method to increase the batting insulation in your home is in the attic space. Here in Polk County, including Mulberry, Florida, the U.S. Department of Energy recommends that homes have between R30 and R60 in the attic and R22 to R38 for cathedral ceilings. Our certified weatherization contractors can examine your attic to determine how much insulation you currently have and give you a no-obligation, free estimate for increasing your amount of batting insulation if needed.
Top Reasons to Choose Batting Insulation
There are many different types of insulation you can use in your home, and with the advent of new methods, you may wonder if batting insulation is still a viable option. It is! Here are the top reasons why choosing this type could be the best decision you make.
- Cost-Effective: Batting insulation is one of the least costly options.
- Flexible: Due to flexibility, there won’t be any gaps.
- Doesn’t Settle: Other types of insulation compress over time, so you don’t get the long-lasting benefit that you get with batting insulation.
- Energy-Efficient: You can enjoy up to a 50% reduction in energy costs.
- Sound Barrier: Batting insulation is a natural sound-dampener.
- Fire Retardant: It’s made from recycled glass and sand, which are both resistant to fire.
We offer Energy Star® certified batting insulation that is efficient and safe – it is even used in schools! Fiberglass batting insulation should always be handled by a professional, as the fibers can damage your respiratory system and cause skin irritation if not handled safely. We only hire professionals for working with batting insulation and even run a background check on all new hires to be sure anyone who comes to your home will provide excellent service.
For 30 years, we have gained and held an excellent reputation in the community for competitive prices, superior service and expert workmanship. Give us a call today for your free estimate on batting insulation.