Did you know that most of the time when someone has a bad experience with an insulation contractor, or any home improvement professional for that matter, the problem was usually a lack of communication up front? When your expectations are not met, you feel unhappy. When you sit back and assume things without discussing what you expect, there is no way for them to read your mind. An experienced insulation contractor will be able to anticipate your needs more than someone who is new to the industry, but it is still important to ask questions at the beginning to be sure you are both on the same page. Here are a few questions you should ask your insulation contractor:
- How long will the evaluation take? When you make an appointment to have someone come out to assess your home, you need to know how long it will take. Otherwise, you may not leave sufficient time, and if you rush them, it may lead to less than a comprehensive evaluation.
- How long will the work take? Again, time is important. Knowing how long you’ll be dealing with installers will help you set your schedule and not be frustrated when it takes longer than you imagined it would.
- What type of insulation do you recommend and why? Each home is different and has different needs. There are advantages over the various types of insulation, and you should fully understand those and which you are getting. You should ask what R-value is being installed, as well.
- Will you be making improvements? In some cases, a home needs air sealing and other types of improvements in order to get the most benefit from the insulation replacement or improvement. You need to know if they will handle those or not. If they do not, ask if they can recommend someone.
- How long have you been in business? As noted before, more experience means higher satisfaction in most cases.
We have 30 years of experience as an insulation contractor, so you can count on us at Polk County Insulation to answer all your questions to your complete satisfaction. We are dedicated to customer service and providing you with the best experience possible. If you live in Auburndale, Winter Haven, Lakeland, or the surrounding areas in Florida, call us to get started with your house insulation project.