There are many companies and individuals who call themselves an insulation contractor. But not all insulation contractors are the same. If you want a high-quality product, then we recommend you hire a quality insulation contractor that will take the time and effort to do a superior job. Five qualities that we recommend you look for in an insulation contractor are:
- Knowledge – A good insulation contractor should understand all of the insulation types and know which one to recommend for your specific job.
- Credentials – A qualified insulation contractor should be able to provide you with proof of their certification and training.
- Experience – Experience on the job does make a big difference in the quality of work as well as how quickly the job gets completed.
- Understands the System – The insulation contractor should have an understanding of the home as a system. They should understand the importance of ventilation, especially in the attic as well as air sealing.
- Industry Standards – The insulation contractor should understand and uphold industry standards, including how to properly dispose of old insulation, what to do when there is mold, and how to correctly handle asbestos.
We don’t recommend hiring the first insulation contractor you come in contact with. Spend a little time doing a research into the company that you are thinking about hiring. Doing this can save you a lot of stress, time, and money. Here at Polk County Insulation, we have 30 years of experience in the industry. This experience has given us the understanding, knowledge, and hands-on skills to provide you with a superior experience and product.