If you are looking for the most budget-friendly way to install insulation in your home, consider fiberglass insulation installation. This insulation is also known as “pink” insulation. It comes in sheets that are applied to walls and flooring for insulating your home. Here are five benefits to expect from fiberglass insulation installation.
- Low Cost. Fiberglass insulation is the most commonly used form of insulation for residences. This is mostly because of its overall low cost. The cost of producing and purchasing fiberglass insulation is very low, and because it also offers easy installation, costs for this service are also low.
- Versatility. The second reason that fiberglass insulation installation is so common for residences is because of its versatility. It can be used in attics, in interior or exterior walls, and even for insulating foundations.
- Safety. Though fiberglass itself is not a safe product to handle, fiberglass insulation is hidden in walls and spaces where you will not be coming in contact with it. Fiberglass insulation is non-combustible. This means that this type of insulation is fire resistant, which is always important for your home.
- Water Resistance. Water-resistant fiberglass insulation is great for areas like attics because they are more likely to have contact with water. Instead of water damaging the insulation, as it would with wool insulation, fiberglass insulation will dry and return to its normal shape and R-value.
- R-Value. R-values are the ratings applied to different types of insulation to better help homeowners and homebuilders know which type of insulation to use in a particular area. The R-value for fiberglass insulation is very competitive to other types of insulation in the same price range.
If you would like more information on having fiberglass insulation installation on your home, our team at Polk County Insulation would love to help. Please give us a call.