When home builders in Florida construct a residential property, they must comply with the building codes for minimum R-values for house insulation with the goal to accomplish residential energy efficiency. There are two things to realize about this, however. If your home is older, it may not have been built with the house insulation of today’s standards. Secondly, it has likely deteriorated and is no longer providing the level of efficiency it once did. Because of this, you should consider adding extra house insulation, which can involve replacing what is there. There are many benefits to doing so, but here are the five top ones:
- Comfort – Summer heat is brutal in Florida, and the only way your home will stay comfortable is because of air conditioning. However, air conditioning can only do so much. If you have insufficient insulation, it won’t be able to cool your home to a comfortable level. The same holds true on those few cold nights during the winter when your heating system cannot keep up.
- Efficiency – If your HVAC system is struggling or running nearly constantly because of insufficient house insulation, it is driving up your utility bills during the summer and the winter. You could be paying hundreds of dollars a year more than you need to.
- HVAC – Your heating and cooling system is not just costing you in higher utility bills. The more it runs, the shorter its life will be. If it is working harder than it is designed to, it will lead to repair bills and early failure.
- Value – Your home will be more valuable with sufficient house insulation, which is important when the time comes to sell it.
- Sound – Your home will be quieter with additional house insulation, which can make it more enjoyable for you and your family, particularly if you live near a highway or other noisy situation.
If you would like to know more about house insulation and the benefits of adding or replacing insulation in your home, give us a call at Polk County Insulation. We have served Auburndale, Winter Haven, Lakeland, and the surrounding areas in Florida for 30 years, and we are confident we can give you these top five benefits that put money back in your hands and make your home more enjoyable.